- What is meant by ‘value added’?
- Distinguish between nominal and real national income.
- Define GDP per head.
- Calculate the real growth rate for a country, as an annual %, if in a given year the value of nominal income rises from $800b to $850, and the index of inflation rises to 104 during that year – assume it started the year at 100.
Consider the data of the National Income, inflation and population of a hypothetical economy.
||NOMINAL GDP $B
|| INFLATION INDEX
|| POPULATION (M)
- What is the base year?
- What was the value of Y in real terms in 2016 compared with the base year?
- Calculate real Y per head in 2015.
- Describe and comment on the state of the economy in 2014 in comparison with 2017.
Stagflation is a combination of high inflation, high unemployment, and stagnant economic growth. Because inflation isn't supposed to occur in a weak economy, stagflation is an unnatural situation. Slow growth prevents inflation in a normal ...
The laissez-faire economic theory centers on the restriction of government intervention in the economy. According to laissez-faire economics, the economy is at its strongest when the government protects individuals' rights but otherwise doesn't intervene. The ...
What Is Adverse Selection? Adverse selection is a term that describes the presence of unequal information between buyers and sellers, distorting the market and creating conditions that can lead to an economic collapse. It develops ...
Explaining The K-Shaped Economic Recovery from Covid-19 A K-shaped recovery exists post-recession where various segments of the economy recover at their own rates or levels, as opposed to a uniform recovery where each industry takes the same ...
Does Public Choice Theory Affect Economic Output? Both on paper and in real life, there is a solid relationship between economics, public choice, and politics. The economy is one of the major political arenas after all. ...
Largest Retail Bankruptcies Caused By 2020 Pandemic As we know at this point, the COVID-19 pandemic has thrown major companies in the US and the world over into complete havoc. Many have filed for bankruptcy, with an ...