- What is meant by ‘value added’?
- Distinguish between nominal and real national income.
- Define GDP per head.
- Calculate the real growth rate for a country, as an annual %, if in a given year the value of nominal income rises from $800b to $850, and the index of inflation rises to 104 during that year – assume it started the year at 100.
Consider the data of the National Income, inflation and population of a hypothetical economy.
|YEAR||NOMINAL GDP $B|| INFLATION INDEX|| POPULATION (M)|
- What is the base year?
- What was the value of Y in real terms in 2016 compared with the base year?
- Calculate real Y per head in 2015.
- Describe and comment on the state of the economy in 2014 in comparison with 2017.
Does Public Choice Theory Affect Economic Output? Both on paper and in real life, there is a solid relationship between economics, public choice, and politics. The economy is one of the major political arenas after all. ...
Consumer Confidence Compared to Q2 Job Growth Since WWII, nothing has caught global attention and heightened economic fears quite like Covid-19. Many economies are at the brink of collapse, as companies struggle to stay afloat. World governments ...
Arbitrage Price Theory vs. Capital Asset Pricing Risk is inevitable for all types of assets, but the risk level for assets can vary. It all depends on the specific investment itself. Fortunately, even though no one can ...
Federal Interest Rate Projections for 2021 The U.S. Federal Reserve isn’t sugar-coating its assessment of the world’s biggest economy. During its last meeting post-pandemic, it cut its growth projections for 2020 while vowing to help propel the ...
Covid-19 Chapter 11 Retail Bankruptcies and Restructures You can't deny it, COVID-19 as turned the U.S. economy upside down. Most businesses have never been financially worse off, and many have had to file for bankruptcy ...
How Producer Price Index Affects Other Inflation Measures Inflation is the measure at which prices of goods and services rise and fall. It is among the most accurate measures of the general condition of an economy. When the ...