Balance_of_payments Nikolay Krylovskiy2020-01-29T16:12:24-05:00
Balance of payments
Which account would the following transactions be entered in?
- The sale of £2b worth of UK motor vehicles to Australia.
- Australian tourists spending £200m in the UK.
- The import of £1b computer products from the USA.
- The import of £250m worth of coffee beans from Brazil.
- The purchase of shares by a UK citizen, worth £10m, in a Brazilian firm.
- The payment of dividends to a German citizen who owns shares in a UK firm.
- What is meant by saying that the balance of payments always equals zero?
- Distinguish between a trade deficit and a current account deficit.
- Under what circumstances might a current account deficit be seen as a problem?
- Identify and explain three causes of a current account deficit.
- Assess the effectiveness of currency depreciation and fiscal contraction as a way of easing a current account deficit.
The Growth of Tech Sector Economic Dominance The tech sector has been growing at an amazing rate over recent decades and has played a vital role in bolstering the economy of several world power countries. It ...
Hardest Hit Companies in the Travel & Entertainment Sector due to Covid-19 Coronavirus, declared by the World Health Organization as a global pandemic, has continued to rain havoc on people and businesses all over the ...
Cost Projections for Covid-19 Treatment in U.S Among the biggest issues that come with the novel coronavirus or COVID-19 pandemic is the impact it will make on the health care system. According to recent research published in Health Affairs, ...
Comparing Fiscal Responses to COVID-19 as Percentage of GDP across Countries Covid-19 has been the most dramatic financial event of our lives and so governments around the world have responded dramatically to this crisis. The ...
International Student College Enrollment Trends in the US International college students play a major part in our economy. According to a November 2019 article in Politico, during the 2018-2019 academic year alone international students added $41 ...
Cash On-Hand For FAANG Companies during Covid-19 Company cash on hand is one of the most important aspects of economics, especially for start-up businesses, and can be the reason for its success or failure. But ...