- Carefully explain why a typical demand curve slopes downwards.
- Distinguish between normal and inferior goods.
- What are the main underlying determinants of demand for the following:
Holidays in Scotland
A daily newspaper
Using an example of your own, distinguish between shifts of demand and movements along a demand curve.
The following is a demand schedule for cheeseburgers for an individual.
Plot the demand curve for cheeseburgers, with price on the Y-axis, and quantity demanded per week on the X-axis.
|PRICE OF CHEESEBURGERS||QUANTITY DEMANDED|
- Plot the demand curve for cheeseburgers, with price on the Y-axis, and quantity demanded per week on the X-axis.
- Assume the individual has a fixed budget of £24 per week to spend on burgers, and the current price of cheeseburgers and chicken burgers is £3.00, and that a consumer buys 4 of each type of burger. Now assume that the price of cheeseburgers falls to £2. Using the concept of the ‘income’ and ‘substitution’ effect, explain why the demand for cheeseburgers rises to 6.
- Assuming chicken and cheeseburgers are perfect substitutes, and income is fixed at £24, what is likely to happen to the demand for chicken burgers (to the nearest burger) if the price of cheeseburgers rises to £4.00?
Does Public Choice Theory Affect Economic Output? Both on paper and in real life, there is a solid relationship between economics, public choice, and politics. The economy is one of the major political arenas after all. ...
Consumer Confidence Compared to Q2 Job Growth Since WWII, nothing has caught global attention and heightened economic fears quite like Covid-19. Many economies are at the brink of collapse, as companies struggle to stay afloat. World governments ...
Arbitrage Price Theory vs. Capital Asset Pricing Risk is inevitable for all types of assets, but the risk level for assets can vary. It all depends on the specific investment itself. Fortunately, even though no one can ...
Federal Interest Rate Projections for 2021 The U.S. Federal Reserve isn’t sugar-coating its assessment of the world’s biggest economy. During its last meeting post-pandemic, it cut its growth projections for 2020 while vowing to help propel the ...
Covid-19 Chapter 11 Retail Bankruptcies and Restructures You can't deny it, COVID-19 as turned the U.S. economy upside down. Most businesses have never been financially worse off, and many have had to file for bankruptcy ...
How Producer Price Index Affects Other Inflation Measures Inflation is the measure at which prices of goods and services rise and fall. It is among the most accurate measures of the general condition of an economy. When the ...