- Carefully explain why a typical demand curve slopes downwards.
- Distinguish between normal and inferior goods.
- What are the main underlying determinants of demand for the following:
Holidays in Scotland
A daily newspaper
Using an example of your own, distinguish between shifts of demand and movements along a demand curve.
The following is a demand schedule for cheeseburgers for an individual.
Plot the demand curve for cheeseburgers, with price on the Y-axis, and quantity demanded per week on the X-axis.
|PRICE OF CHEESEBURGERS
- Plot the demand curve for cheeseburgers, with price on the Y-axis, and quantity demanded per week on the X-axis.
- Assume the individual has a fixed budget of £24 per week to spend on burgers, and the current price of cheeseburgers and chicken burgers is £3.00, and that a consumer buys 4 of each type of burger. Now assume that the price of cheeseburgers falls to £2. Using the concept of the ‘income’ and ‘substitution’ effect, explain why the demand for cheeseburgers rises to 6.
- Assuming chicken and cheeseburgers are perfect substitutes, and income is fixed at £24, what is likely to happen to the demand for chicken burgers (to the nearest burger) if the price of cheeseburgers rises to £4.00?
The laissez-faire economic theory centers on the restriction of government intervention in the economy. According to laissez-faire economics, the economy is at its strongest when the government protects individuals' rights but otherwise doesn't intervene. The ...
What Is Adverse Selection? Adverse selection is a term that describes the presence of unequal information between buyers and sellers, distorting the market and creating conditions that can lead to an economic collapse. It develops ...
Explaining The K-Shaped Economic Recovery from Covid-19 A K-shaped recovery exists post-recession where various segments of the economy recover at their own rates or levels, as opposed to a uniform recovery where each industry takes the same ...
Does Public Choice Theory Affect Economic Output? Both on paper and in real life, there is a solid relationship between economics, public choice, and politics. The economy is one of the major political arenas after all. ...
Largest Retail Bankruptcies Caused By 2020 Pandemic As we know at this point, the COVID-19 pandemic has thrown major companies in the US and the world over into complete havoc. Many have filed for bankruptcy, with an ...
Identifying Speculative Bubbles and Its Effect on Markets Speculation plays an interesting role in economics and one that drastically affects markets. If you ever see "speculation" in this context, be sure to pay attention. It is ...