Look at the PPF and decide whether the statements that follow are true or false:
- R has the lowest level of unemployment.
- N is currently not achievable.
- A movement from M to L has an opportunity cost of C2 to C3.
- As more capital goods are produced the opportunity cost falls.
- A movement from R to S is impossible.
- T is likely to have the lowest standard of living in the short run.
- M is likely to have the highest standard of living in the long run.
Consider the information on Utopia, a hypothetical economy that can produce either rice or beans using all its scarce resources. The figures are in tonnes.
- Plot the PPF for Utopia, with rice on the Y-Axis, and beans on the x-axis.
- What is the opportunity cost of increasing production of rice from 30m tonnes to 40m?
- Comment on the situation experienced by Utopia if it produces 50m tonnes of rice and 50m of beans.
The laissez-faire economic theory centers on the restriction of government intervention in the economy. According to laissez-faire economics, the economy is at its strongest when the government protects individuals' rights but otherwise doesn't intervene. The ...
What Is Adverse Selection? Adverse selection is a term that describes the presence of unequal information between buyers and sellers, distorting the market and creating conditions that can lead to an economic collapse. It develops ...
Explaining The K-Shaped Economic Recovery from Covid-19 A K-shaped recovery exists post-recession where various segments of the economy recover at their own rates or levels, as opposed to a uniform recovery where each industry takes the same ...
Does Public Choice Theory Affect Economic Output? Both on paper and in real life, there is a solid relationship between economics, public choice, and politics. The economy is one of the major political arenas after all. ...
Largest Retail Bankruptcies Caused By 2020 Pandemic As we know at this point, the COVID-19 pandemic has thrown major companies in the US and the world over into complete havoc. Many have filed for bankruptcy, with an ...
Identifying Speculative Bubbles and Its Effect on Markets Speculation plays an interesting role in economics and one that drastically affects markets. If you ever see "speculation" in this context, be sure to pay attention. It is ...