PPFs Nikolay Krylovskiy2020-01-29T14:44:51-05:00
Look at the PPF and decide whether the statements that follow are true or false:
- R has the lowest level of unemployment.
- N is currently not achievable.
- A movement from M to L has an opportunity cost of C2 to C3.
- As more capital goods are produced the opportunity cost falls.
- A movement from R to S is impossible.
- T is likely to have the lowest standard of living in the short run.
- M is likely to have the highest standard of living in the long run.
Consider the information on Utopia, a hypothetical economy that can produce either rice or beans using all its scarce resources. The figures are in tonnes.
|RICE (m||BEANS (m)|
- Plot the PPF for Utopia, with rice on the Y-Axis, and beans on the x-axis.
- What is the opportunity cost of increasing production of rice from 30m tonnes to 40m?
- Comment on the situation experienced by Utopia if it produces 50m tonnes of rice and 50m of beans.
U.S. Job Losses During the Covid-19 Pandemic by Ethnicity Effects from the Covid-19 pandemic have been devastating and are proving to be a game-changer in the 2020 world economic setup. Indeed, the pandemic has led ...
Understanding The Economic Model of Human Behavior While based on traditional economics, the economic model of human behavior is conceptually challenged by the core of behavioral economics. Using this model, we can also better understand ...
What Is An Inverted Yield Curve Recession The yield curve is a visual illustration of yields for similar bonds that have varying maturities, also known as an interest rate term structure. In a standard yield ...
Calculating Yield to Maturity Yield to Maturity (YTM), also called book yield or redemption, is the hypothetical interest rate or rate of return of a bond and other fixed-rate securities. The YTM is based on the ...
Common Global Macro-Economic Indicators Global macroeconomic indicators are statistics that represent the condition of a certain country or region’s economy. There are several types of global macroeconomic indicators, each one unique in their meaning, role, ...
The Growth of Tech Sector Economic Dominance The tech sector has been growing at an amazing rate over recent decades and has played a vital role in bolstering the economy of several world power countries. It ...