Assuming the economy is in an initial equilibrium at X, identify where the new equilibrium will be if:
- There is a rise in public sector borrowing
- There is a rise in government government subsidies to the motor industry
- The government spends less on defence
- The basic rate of income tax is raised
- The VAT rate is cut from 20% to 15%.
- Analyse the likely impact on the UK economy of an increase in government spending on higher education.
- What are the main disadvantages of an increase in income tax, assuming the economy has an output gap?
- What are the main disadvantages of an increase in government spending not matched by an increase in taxation?
- Distinguish between automatic and discretionary fiscal policy.
- How will the recent financial crisis affect the UK’s national debt?
- Why is fiscal policy more dominant than monetary policy during the current economic recession?
- Give three advantages and three disadvantages of using government spending to regulate aggregate demand in the UK economy.
- Evaluate ‘crowding out’ theory in the light of current government policy towards the financial crisis.
Does Public Choice Theory Affect Economic Output? Both on paper and in real life, there is a solid relationship between economics, public choice, and politics. The economy is one of the major political arenas after all. ...
Consumer Confidence Compared to Q2 Job Growth Since WWII, nothing has caught global attention and heightened economic fears quite like Covid-19. Many economies are at the brink of collapse, as companies struggle to stay afloat. World governments ...
Arbitrage Price Theory vs. Capital Asset Pricing Risk is inevitable for all types of assets, but the risk level for assets can vary. It all depends on the specific investment itself. Fortunately, even though no one can ...
Federal Interest Rate Projections for 2021 The U.S. Federal Reserve isn’t sugar-coating its assessment of the world’s biggest economy. During its last meeting post-pandemic, it cut its growth projections for 2020 while vowing to help propel the ...
Covid-19 Chapter 11 Retail Bankruptcies and Restructures You can't deny it, COVID-19 as turned the U.S. economy upside down. Most businesses have never been financially worse off, and many have had to file for bankruptcy ...
How Producer Price Index Affects Other Inflation Measures Inflation is the measure at which prices of goods and services rise and fall. It is among the most accurate measures of the general condition of an economy. When the ...