The gap between rich and poor appears to be increasing in many societies, including the UK.
- Using diagrams evaluate the likely impact of an increase in the level of the national minimum wage.
- Apart from a national minimum wage, analyse the impact of other methods of reducing inequality in a modern economy.
- What are the likely effects on equity of increases in:
The value of property
The progressiveness of income tax
The level of unemployment
- Analyse how changes in the degree of income inequality in an economy can be measured. (15)
- Discuss the extent to which reform of the tax and benefit system alone can reduce the level of income inequality in an economy. (25)
Does Public Choice Theory Affect Economic Output? Both on paper and in real life, there is a solid relationship between economics, public choice, and politics. The economy is one of the major political arenas after all. ...
Largest Retail Bankruptcies Caused By 2020 Pandemic As we know at this point, the COVID-19 pandemic has thrown major companies in the US and the world over into complete havoc. Many have filed for bankruptcy, with an ...
Identifying Speculative Bubbles and Its Effect on Markets Speculation plays an interesting role in economics and one that drastically affects markets. If you ever see "speculation" in this context, be sure to pay attention. It is ...
Explaining The Disconnect Between The Economy and The Stock Market Starting with the end of the 2009 recession, the U.S. economy grew 120 straight months, the longest stretch in history. During that time, the S&P ...
Consumer Confidence Compared to Q2 Job Growth Since WWII, nothing has caught global attention and heightened economic fears quite like Covid-19. Many economies are at the brink of collapse, as companies struggle to stay afloat. World governments ...
Arbitrage Price Theory vs. Capital Asset Pricing Risk is inevitable for all types of assets, but the risk level for assets can vary. It all depends on the specific investment itself. Fortunately, even though no one can ...