The gap between rich and poor appears to be increasing in many societies, including the UK.
- Using diagrams evaluate the likely impact of an increase in the level of the national minimum wage.
- Apart from a national minimum wage, analyse the impact of other methods of reducing inequality in a modern economy.
- What are the likely effects on equity of increases in:
The value of property
The progressiveness of income tax
The level of unemployment
- Analyse how changes in the degree of income inequality in an economy can be measured. (15)
- Discuss the extent to which reform of the tax and benefit system alone can reduce the level of income inequality in an economy. (25)
5 Largest Bull Markets in Recent History A bull market is when a stock market improves and performs beyond the expectations of those who invest in it. Bull markets generally aren't recognized as bull markets ...
U.S. Job Losses During the Covid-19 Pandemic by Ethnicity Effects from the Covid-19 pandemic have been devastating and are proving to be a game-changer in the 2020 world economic setup. Indeed, the pandemic has led ...
Understanding The Economic Model of Human Behavior While based on traditional economics, the economic model of human behavior is conceptually challenged by the core of behavioral economics. Using this model, we can also better understand ...
What Is An Inverted Yield Curve Recession The yield curve is a visual illustration of yields for similar bonds that have varying maturities, also known as an interest rate term structure. In a standard yield ...
Calculating Yield to Maturity Yield to Maturity (YTM), also called book yield or redemption, is the hypothetical interest rate or rate of return of a bond and other fixed-rate securities. The YTM is based on the ...
Common Global Macro-Economic Indicators Global macroeconomic indicators are statistics that represent the condition of a certain country or region’s economy. There are several types of global macroeconomic indicators, each one unique in their meaning, role, ...