The gap between rich and poor appears to be increasing in many societies, including the UK.
- Using diagrams evaluate the likely impact of an increase in the level of the national minimum wage.
- Apart from a national minimum wage, analyse the impact of other methods of reducing inequality in a modern economy.
- What are the likely effects on equity of increases in:
The value of property
The progressiveness of income tax
The level of unemployment
- Analyse how changes in the degree of income inequality in an economy can be measured. (15)
- Discuss the extent to which reform of the tax and benefit system alone can reduce the level of income inequality in an economy. (25)
The laissez-faire economic theory centers on the restriction of government intervention in the economy. According to laissez-faire economics, the economy is at its strongest when the government protects individuals' rights but otherwise doesn't intervene. The ...
What Is Adverse Selection? Adverse selection is a term that describes the presence of unequal information between buyers and sellers, distorting the market and creating conditions that can lead to an economic collapse. It develops ...
Explaining The K-Shaped Economic Recovery from Covid-19 A K-shaped recovery exists post-recession where various segments of the economy recover at their own rates or levels, as opposed to a uniform recovery where each industry takes the same ...
Does Public Choice Theory Affect Economic Output? Both on paper and in real life, there is a solid relationship between economics, public choice, and politics. The economy is one of the major political arenas after all. ...
Largest Retail Bankruptcies Caused By 2020 Pandemic As we know at this point, the COVID-19 pandemic has thrown major companies in the US and the world over into complete havoc. Many have filed for bankruptcy, with an ...
Identifying Speculative Bubbles and Its Effect on Markets Speculation plays an interesting role in economics and one that drastically affects markets. If you ever see "speculation" in this context, be sure to pay attention. It is ...